5.17.2005

yeah, because I've been so good at keeping one weblog

So, this is my blog dedicated to my newest interest knitting. Well, knitting isn't really a new interest. I taught myself how to knit right after graduation from college. I just got a bug about it a few (yeah a few) years ago. I had no idea it was this whole big movement. But, the last couple of weeks I've gotten a lot more into it thanks to my friend Gwen. We went to a stitch n' bitch together and it was so much fun. Now I'm perusing knitting magazines and buying pattern books because I really enjoy knitting. But, also because I really love going to sitch n' bitch on Thursday nights in West Hollywood.

I've met some great people there and am spending more time with Gwenny. The last couple of years I've been really focused on work, work, and more work. Then one day I was on the phone with my Mom, telling her about work, and she asked, "what about life outside of work." I realized there wasn't much of one. There's various reasons for it. Maybe I'll talk about some of it. But, I realized I have to carve out time for myself out of the office, nothing to do with my career. Knitting has become a big part of that process the last three weeks.

It's hard to tell if I'll keep it up. My life is littered with projects started and incomplete. But, this whole knitting thing seems less like a project. It seems more like a passion like reading and movies have always been for me. Not something I just do, but apart of my life. And the best part about all this getting outside my work environment is I'm feeling more inspired with more new ideas rushing at me. I've really missed that.

I'm tempted to edit some of this down because it's not fully focused on knitting. But, screw it. No self editing. Why? Because I'm punk. And don't forget about it, bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home