5.20.2005

Drop the stitch, save the scarf

So, last night I was very proud of myself. I went to the stitch n' bitch all by myself in West Hollywood. Well, that's not really true. I went there knowing I'd see familiar faces and new found friends. But, my usual knitting partner in crime Gwenny was not there. (Yeah, i know the nickname doesn't sound punk, but that's what makes it punk. I' promise to stop with the whole punk pastiche eventually... or maybe I won't.) It was her birthday last night so she had had dinner with her boyfriend.

(Gwen, everyone asked where you were and wished you a happy birthday! )

So, I made more progress on my drop stitch scarf. In fact, I'm almost done. And I'm loving it. It's actually the first scarf that I've ever knitted that I actually think is cool. Plus, so fun dropping stitches on purpose. I don't want to give it away. This scarf is mine, all mine. (bwah hahahaha)

But, stitch n' bitch was so fun last night. Sitting, talking, drinking wine. It's great just to hang out and knit and meet knew people. I'm so excited because it's been awhile since I felt like I was part of a group outside of work. And it's so nice to talk to people and not have it be about 'the industry' as we cool kids call entertainment.

Despite my super confidence now when I was younger I was quite shy. (Yes, it's true. I know. Hard to believe now with my sparkling personality and all) And I was kind of retreating back into it again. Awhiles ago I was part of this group of friends and well it was a bit dysfunctional and very miserable. I won't bore you with the details, but I stopped talking with them, dropped them out of my life like a bad yarn. So happy I did it.

However, the group of friends had been my main source of social gathering and it was gone. I still had other friends, but you know work, busy, usual excuses. I went into a social hibernation. But, that all seems to be ending now. And I can't believe I just put it out on their on the web for anybody to see.


Cheers,
v.carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home