5.26.2005

From tie one on to tying one on

So, I'm kind of down right now because I missed Stitch n' Bitch tonight and it was Laine's last night there. I hate that I wasn't there. Unfortunately work and the clock just got in the way. It happens in life. But, still bummed, bummed, bummed out. It's funny how at times like this you can look back, especially when you're snapping photos with your new digital camera, and see the string of events that led to this moment. It all becomes part of ones life story.

Prologue: Sunday night I finished my drop stitch scarf. IMG_0035 I was very happy and it seemed things could only get better. And that slightly glassy look in my eye isn't from the wine I consumed. No, it was the heat. The heat I tell you. And really looking forward to my new knitting project "tie one on"

Chapter One: It'll All Started So Promising
Monday I met Gwenny at Farmer's Market. We ate dinner at this greek restaurant which was great. We then went upstairs to knit. Did you know that the Farmer's Market in West Hollywood had an upstairs? I didn't until stitch n' bitch entered my life.

IMG_0040Materials for my new project Little did I know that this trip upstairs for some chatting and knitting was the closest I would get to stitch n' bitch this week. I'm making a wrap that can be found on knitty.com called tie one on.

Chapter 2: The future isn't as bright. I can let go of the shades

The next couple of nights I started knitting this little project together. Through 24 season finale, Lost season finale you could find me at home knitting and watching TV. It was very relaxing and I needed to unwind after a tough day. IMG_0043 I made good progress. And added to me abilities by knitting to yarns together!

Chapter 4: Today. Rue the day.

Today, thursday. Today is when things went really bad. I had my new scarf, my new project, and the asbestos book all ready to take to stitch n' bitch tonight. But, when I walked into work I knew it just wasn't going to be. At the end of the day this was how I felt.
IMG_0046
Messy, and strewn about. And, even though they're inanimate objects I think the yarn and asbestos book were just as disappointed as I was.

Chapter 6: The cyclical nature of life is revealed
So, I'm down, I'm tired, I'm disappointed which led me back to tie one on.
IMG_0047

Because knitting is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

v.carrie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww man, we missed you, I was like, "Where is she? Where is she?" Sorry work is insane. Come over, I have cake.
xo
L

4:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie V said...

Hmmm cake, just say when.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home