5.31.2005

!@#%....Yeah, you heard me

I made this resolution to not swear as much, maybe not at all ever again. (Yes, I did say that with a straight face. Shut up) But, this latest knitting project is making it really hard. As you know I've been working on "tie one on". The knitting project that is, rather than just drinking large quantities of wine. Although I have been known to do that as well. Maybe it's the fact that I tend to do both at the same time that leads to me to these unfortunate incidences.

Sunday I spent with Laina and Laurie (and I still refuse to believe that Laina won't be at stitch n' bitch on thursday. She's still in LA damn it [crap i swore]) We talked. We knitted. We may have had some wine. I have no pictures of it because I was too busy having fun to think of pulling the camera out. Which was silly since it was our last get together before Laina moves. But, rest assured it was a great time.

So, the next day i'm up and I'm looking at my wrap which is actually taking shape. And I'm very excited. I mean there are problems with it. There's one row in particular that's going to need some serious embellishment. But, hey I've progressed past the first decrease without ripping everything apart for the 40 billionith (slight exageration I admit) time. So, I'm happy.

Until I see it

IMG_0052my reaction

Horror. I dropped a fricking stitch. But like the kid in A Christmas Story, I used much stronger langugae. A string of stronger language. In fact, I probably sounded like the dad in a Christmas Story fighting the furnace.
0Ah! A dropped stitch

I was so upset. I realize that every knittiner, Debbie Bliss herself, has dropped a stitch. And it's hardly the worst thing that can happen. It's just I've never successfully fixed the problem with out ripping down to it. Pathetic I know. But, I had just bought a set of crochet hooks, and with the clear and concise directions from Teen Knitting Club in front of me, I set to work to saving my project.

And miracle of miracles I did. I actually picked the stitch back up and at least that section doesn't look like a piece of crap. (Damn it. Crap isn't the best word either.) And relief spread across my the apartment

IMG_0059

I'm actually amazed at how far along I've made it. I'm actually at 7 1/2 inches. I'd love to show you, but no batteries remember. So, maybe I won't be killing myself over this damn project anyway.

But, seriously can't I just knit fucking scarves for the rest of my life?
v.carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home