6.11.2005

The past week

Remember way back when when I said I was crazy trying to do two blogs? Yes, well now you we all know how right I was. Thus the week between blog entries. And I know you've all been waiting with baited breath to find out how "tie one on" is going.

I've made good progress on this little project. By tuesday I was on to the 24 stripe pattern section of the pattern where I start working two threads together again. Pic below.

1st stripe

While knitting this I was watching TV. Namely the show Blow Out. It's a reality show on Bravo, in it's second season and absolutely hysterical. It's about "hair dresser to the stars" Jonathan Anton. When his name comes up on the main titles it should have a second line "ass" In fact almost everything he says can be followed by the sentence "became I'm an ass"

He starts off the season premiere beautifully by expousing his love affair with hair.

"People say you aren't what you do. I am what I do. I'm hair" You have to hear the completely serious, deadpan way he says it to understand how funny and stupid this line is. And I'm laughing AT him. Because this man has no sense of humor about himself.

So, Jonathan is hair. A hairy ass I think. He proceeds to spend the entire hour proving me right on this point. Namely when he screws over one of his hairstylist promising him a big break doing an actresses's hair for the golden globes. But, then taking back the offer.

But, then Jonathan proves himself a slimy hairy ass when he talks about women. Or as he calls them, hot little bunny rabbit chicks. You see he loves women. In fact, he's hair because he gets to spend all day around women. I suspect anyone who has to spend an entire show talking about how much he loves women, excuse me hot little bunny rabbit chicks, so much it hurts, might be trying to prove something. Me thinks he doth protest too much.

So, thank you Bravo for the laughs.

Then it was SNB at WeHo. Where I made more progess with the wrap. It was a fun night, low key, but fun. Unfortunately I let my smart ass mouth get in the way and told Laurie she was no crazier than usual. Laurie seemed to take it okay. But, still sorry.
0

I have to say though I'm really starting to love this project. It's absoluetely amazing because it's really taking shape. Actually before my smart ass mouth opened up, I was looking at the wrap and was amazed for a moment. It really is an everday magic to take two sticks, some fiber and loop it around in such a way that it actually makes something, something useful. As one stitch builds off another I'm caught in a moment of wonder as my fingers and hands, seemingly by themselves, move to create a garment.

It's easy to see why knitting becomes so addictive.

cheers,
v.carrie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wrap is coming along great! Sorry to hear that your roommate is moving out :(

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha... like I would take offense at that! it was a comment which made me love you. realize we were friends, which is a good, good thing :)

She's moving out???

The wrap? gorgeous!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home