6.12.2005

What next?

June started off so well. I cleaned out my room donating a ton of stuff to goodwill to make room for a room redo. It was so exciting. I'm getting rid of the futon that's been under my bed for ... well a long time. And "tie one on" has been taking shape, and I've been really happy with my first non-scarf project despite some early frogs in the road.

Remember my last entry where I was all enamored with the magic of knitting? Now, disaster.

Friday night my roommate R. told me she's moving out. So, all my plans for my bedroom are on hold as I might have to use my money for a things to replace my roommate's things that she has kindly shared with me for six years.

And my project? Well, when I first bought the yarn for it, it seemed two balls of yarn would be plenty. Wrong. At snb on Thursday I was lookin at my ever dwindling ball of yarn and realized I need some more of this. So, this morning I actually got my act together. Got out of bed, got dressed, went to Unwind so I would get home by 1:00p to have my futon taken away. Finally.

I get to unwind and start looking for my ball of yarn. I really only need one ball. Maybe two. It's not there! The last 10 balls of my Southwest Trading Co. Optimum, 100% wool DK weight, rouge yarn was bought. And it's been discontinued. So, they can't just order it for me.

Ahhhhhh!

That was my internal reaction. My external reaction was to buy some Addi turbo size 8, 16 inch needles and yarn for a new project. Maybe a hat. It wan't because I'm addicted to yarn and knitting. No, really. Rather it was my way of making up for being a pain in the ass. The wonderful people at the store are going to call Southwest Tradiing Co. and see if they have any of my discontinued yarn tucked away in some corner and get it to me. Otherwise next weekend I'm going in with my project to come up with a fix to my problem.

So, I might have to face a big fear of mine and show an actual yarn store owner my project. Hopefully they won't look at me like a crazy person for my yarn combination, and the mess at the bottom of my work. I really hope Southwest Trading Co. has one last lonely ball of yarn for me. Maybe two.

My roommate, my yarn. What next?

At least my futon is being taken away to a good home. Unless of course the people take a look at it and say nevermind. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised.

Cheefully yours,
v.carrie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Unwind can't get it for you, you can try froogle/google, eBay, or calling other yarn stores (just don't tell them I said this). There are SO many yarn stores in LA now that someone is bound to have it.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's moving out????????

ARGH!

11:05 PM  
Blogger ShelbyD said...

I love Unwind. I'm glad it's just a bit too far away for me to drop a lot of money there on a regular basis. I hope you can come up with a couple more skeins!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home